Sunday 1 April 2012

Your suburban rail network needs YOU

Ah a bit of peace at the end of the week and I'm busy doing, what I'm now referring to as, "my second job": Being @my6percent


To anyone reading this for the first time, this whole blog is an open vent to South West Trains senior management. I'm no Union leader, or even particularly politically motivated. I am simply someone who has to commute every single weekday, who thought the 6% increase in fares on January 1st, was just a step too far from a company who offer so little.


From the first quarter of the year. Nearly 25% of all my journeys have been either delayed (by 5 minutes or more) or cancelled. Which is quite something, when you think about that in the context of a working week. Every 2 days, there is a delay or cancellation. 


Like everyone else I am completely fed up with it. It's stressful enough commuting, without having to worry about being severely delayed every other day.


My father asked me recently what I wanted to achieve by setting @my6percent up. It is simple really. I want South West Trains to stop taking the piss. If my service is bad, you reimburse me properly, don't offer me some token gesture. If I communicate with your twitter account, I expect it to be without sarcasm. If you offer me an opportunity to ask your MD questions online, I expect him to not ignore my questions and offer an honest answer.


To anyone reading this, thank you. It has been great getting to know you all and some of the tweets I get are either really maddening or hilarious. Sometimes both. I will continue to endeavour to spread the word and hopefully one day we can all look back and go "God. Wasn't it so worth NOT accepting that shit service".



No comments:

Post a Comment