Monday 16 April 2012

Passing the time



As it would seem likely that you'll be delayed this evening I thought I'd write some handy things to do whilst you wait.  

Look out the window. Today I saw two kids on a roof playing tennis. I also saw three people pick their nose and one woman look so enraged I thought steam would come out of her ears, Drop Dead Fred style. 

Moan. But make it clean. No one wants a Grace Dent style sacking because they dropped the C Bomb.

Make a new friend. I've tried this several times with varying success. But even the ones who look at you like you're mad are worth engaging, if only to see the look of horror on their face. 

Take bets on how delayed you'll be with a fellow passenger. You could be quids in and unlike the Grand National, no competitors will get shot. 

Take on some canapés and share with those in your carriage. Perhaps you might even be able to bribe yourself a seat. 

Read a book. Plenty of time to kill. I can strongly suggest the new Stephen King book, by the way. 

Most importantly, gerrome safely!

No comments:

Post a Comment