Monday 2 April 2012

Comfortably numb

South West Trains


A couple of weeks ago, I wrote directly to South West Trains. Firstly to the marketing manager (and CC'd in the dear MD, Tim Shoveller) and then secondly, I emailed her exec (and CC'd in the dear MD, Tim Shoveller). Originally I posted it on my blog. Then thought I'd give them a chance to respond and took it down. As I had no reply, I am putting back up the content of the message.

If you haven't time to read all the way through, or your mobile is loading rather slowly (after all, there is no WiFi on South West Trains!), it was a tale about a lady who was being taken to court by #SWTrains for a seemingly minor error (a mistake, rather than a deliberate evasion).

The email is below, should you be curious:

Dear Blah,

I hope you do not mind me emailing you directly, I just felt, as the the marketing representative for South West Trains, this might interest you.

There are many issues with the trains service that I would love to discuss with you, but will stick with the most pressing matter:

A court summons, recieved by the wife of one of my twitter followers, from the evidence, appears to be completely unjust. It would seem there are a number of holes in the case. For you though I suppose, the potentially bad PR could be damaging as the woman was heavily pregnant at the time, had an Oyster card with money on it, is an American actress (famous enough to be in Vogue) with English husband and the ticket inspector provided a lot of misinformation.

I want to know whether, with your help, we can get this case settled without incident. Firstly, to allow a perfectly decent couple to get on with their lives without something like this hanging over them. Secondly, so that the local press don't get wind of the fact that something with emotive undertones has occurred on your train service, which is already recieving something of a bashing from news and commuters alike.

If you tell me to write in via your site, I'm afraid, I won't. I want help, not an automated form to fill in. Please understand that I don't stand to gain anything through helping with this, but I am determined that a wrong should be righted.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Kind Regards to you on this beautiful Thursday afternoon,

My6Percent

No comments:

Post a Comment