Monday 9 April 2012

@My6Percent 4 @SW_Trains

I have always liked the social side of the Internet, ever since I first played Doom online at a (significantly richer) friend's house. And ever since the days of chat rooms and the early message boards, there has been abuse. It seemed alright when it was just us saddo's (I was only interested in chatting about mid 90's Neighbours) who sat there being abused by faceless humans. But now chat rooms are not just for the indoor types. They're for the outdoor types, the cool types, the mature types and even the Royal types. There is a certain type of rage used by people online. It is harsh and cruel and immediate. Yet, if you met face to face with these humans, they'd, in the main, be perfectly reasonable.


As much as I feel aggrieved by the service of South West Trains and believe me, I do. I'm also painfully aware that running their twitter account, as the WICC do, must be tough. So I don't begrudge them a little nibble at me if I point out things they don't want to hear. When the C bomb has been dropped on you on a daily basis (not by me although I've wanted to), you're going to feel monked off.


So @SW_Trains keep going! When the service is good and you're not spending your day apologising for all the delays, I guarantee the social universe will be more kind.


Cuppa tea?

No comments:

Post a Comment