Saturday 30 June 2012

Handling the London Waterloo rush hour on Twitter

South West Trains' commuter @JDGWarren surveys the shoes and delays from his control centre
It was 8 30 on a Friday and a man was threatening to put his bag on the seat next to him just as the train pulled into a packed Wimbledon station. 

As angry commuters remonstrated with him to make some space, My6percent was left with a different problem - geese on the line at Clapham Junction.

As South West Trains unofficial social media Czar, she knew thousands of commuters were about to be delayed. And many would turn to their phones for information.

At 8.33 she tweeted: "foul play on the line at Clapham. More to follow."

There was a lot more to follow. Being Friday, this was Fridayshoes day and by the time the geese had flown more than 150 pictures of loafers, sandals, winkle-pickers and plimsolls had been sent out - double the usual number.





But My6Percent was unruffled. "It gives me a shoe-induced high".


"I'm one of those sandals with socks kind of people. There are some lovely trainers out there and I try and to put myself in their shoes, so I know what I'm talking about"




"As South West Trains are so clearly not delivering a decent service, we need to keep each other happy. Fridayshoes helps deliver that."

No comments:

Post a Comment